Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Finish

Today was an exciting day.  I headed up to Susan's Calico Creations in Fulton, IL to visit Susan and the girls for open sewing Friday.  We all chit chatted about what had been going on in our lives since we last saw each other in September.  Seven of us went out to lunch and then went back to sewing in the afternoon.

Before heading home I stopped in at the new Sweet Woodruff store on the corner.  They just added another whole store to their shopping experience.  Oh my!!  They were all decorated for Christmas and planning an open house on Nov. 15 & 16th.

When I got home I finished loading a charity quilt for the Gem of the Prairie Quilt Guild in Peoria, IL.  Everything went smoothly and I got it done.  Now to add the binding before next Wednesday, meeting night.

Here it is draped over the rocking chair with Harry Potter guarding it.

Here it is draped over the sofa.  It is a simple quilt of large strips of Kermit the Frog, Tigger from Winnie the Pooh and Sesame Street characters and number fabrics. 

I quilted it with Goose color thread by Omni.  The quilting pattern is stars edge to edge.

The backing is the fun Tom & Jerry cartoon fabric.
 That's pretty close for a Friday Finish, is 11:24pm.  Just made it.
 
I am linking up with……Confessions of a Fabric AddictLink a Finish FridayFreedom Fridays, and Crazy Mom Quilts
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun! Cool quilt! I always smile to see Tom and Jerry as it is the one cartoon that my son (now 12) would absolutely cackle at while watching when he was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilt! Some child is going to love being snuggled under it! Harry Potter seems to approve :).

    ReplyDelete