Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jo's Country Junction Challenge

I have linked with Jo's Country Junction for the Bonnie Challenge. 

Today I sat down to try and make some progress on my Smith Mountain Morning quilt. First, I checked my scant quarter inch seam allowance with my Bonnie Hunter yellow ruler.  I add blue painters tape, about six layers thick, as my guide.

  I lay out each star block on a sheet of printer paper.  I layer several blocks on top of each other and take them over to the sewing machine.
 There are four blocks in the pile, you are only seeing the first block.  The centers are pre-made but the rest of the block pieces are just laying there.  I start chain piecing the star points to the white triangle pieces.
Then press star point units.  Next I start sewing the block together.

Unfortunately, then you get interrupted by your husband to go to bowling league.  This block will have be finished tomorrow.  I am making progress slow but sure.

Have a good evening!

Yours in quilting,
Terry

4 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! Can't wait to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brights will be fun for SMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. These colors are out of the box for me. Having fun with it.

      Delete