Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday Tip - Handrail

My friend, Cathy K., shared this tip with me quite sometime ago.  Use a scrap piece of handrailing to press your seams open.  At a retreat last fall, we drove to Menard's and had a whole handrail cut into 15" segments and divided the cost among us. 
My piece is about 15.5", from Menard's
 
Works with dry or steam iron

Beautiful flat seam, especially on small blocks.  This block is 4 1/4" big and I only made 50!

 
Have a great terrific productive Tuesday.  I will be offering Giveaway 2 on Saturday.  Stop back on Saturday, leave me a comment and become a follower by signing up at the bottom of my blog to follow by subscription or email option.
 
Today I have linked up with Freemotion by the River.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. I like the flatter surface of your handrail, but a strip of large radius half-round works well, too. Whichever you use, covering with a sleeve of flannel improves the result. I wouldn't be without mine -- in fact I have three different lengths and sizes.

    ReplyDelete