Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday Tip - Tall Stool

Rascal trying out Mom's new stool!  Weee!
 
Last week my husband and I took a family member to Peoria for a medical appointment.  We had time to shop.  One of the stops was at Gordman's.  I had a few coupons and knew that Rod needed new golf shorts.  So first, we visited the men's section and got him the basic colors in golf shorts to match his collection of shirts.  Then we started to wander through the rest of the store.  Previously, I had looked at these bar stools as a possibility to sit at my longarm.  I tried them all out (wish I had taken a picture at the selection of stools).  This one seemed the most comfortable and was not tippsy.
 
 
 Here its as low as it will go.
Here its as high as it will go.  Which of course is too high as my legs won't fit under the bar.
 This was a pretty good deal.  I have been looking for a chair or stool but most were $200.  Although this is just a bar stool, it meets my needs and doesn't take up much space.  The best part of all, it was marked down to $39.99 and I had a coupon for 20% off.   I have used it while picking out stitches which can really be hard on the back.
 
I also used it while sewing at my domestic machine.  The table is a little high so using the stool while sewing puts me at a better position so I am not lifting my shoulders all the time.  I could also easily pack this to take to a retreat as it doesn't take up much room.  I am one happy shopper with the deal on my stool!
 
I am going to get outside a little today.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing this morning.  Headed to the barn to meet the horse shoer and then a facial at Merle Norman.  Then back home to finish two quilts on the longarms.
 
Today I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River.  I hope you aren't getting flooding Connie!
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. What a great stool! Rascal doesn't seem very happy to be up that high though :) Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete