Monday, June 2, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Can you believe that I have not sewn for almost two weeks?  I must be sick?  No, just busy with my husband.  Rod was on vacation two weeks ago today.  We spent the time taking day trips and planning for a remodeling project on our home.

Last week I have been trying to catch up around the house and yard.  Also, my part-time job at the mall has been giving me more hours so I have been juggling with time management.  I went from having no hours at the part-time job to working about 20 hrs a week. 

I found time to run uptown to a fabric sale to benefit a cancer patient on Friday. A couple of friends of the quilter with cancer arranged this sale to help the cancer patient raise money for her medications.

 Maribel reminded me of the sale so we ran up to the Flour House Bakery and had coffee and bagels.  This gave us the energy to shop. 
This is a picture of the Flour House peach coffee cake and their speciality ice tea.
 
I bought 10 yards of neutrals.
Most of these fabrics will be used to finish the charity pillow cases I am making.
 
I also got a free bag of scraps to help finish my Roll, Roll Cotton Bowl quilt by Bonnie Hunter.
 
Headed down to my basement studio to get to work.  There is a rain storm coming so I may have to turn the longarm off if it starts lighting.  If that happens, I will start cleaning and organizing as I have a group of ladies called PALS coming to visit my studio on Friday, June 13th.  They are the Peoria Area Longarm Support group.  The schedule will include lunch at Myrtle's Café & Pies, visit to my studio and a visit to Country Cousins in LaMoille (a longarm supply store with threads, batting, rulers, and Nolting longarm machines.)
 
Are you working on the scrappy Block of the Month by Country Threads?

OR
 
The Block of the Month by Quilt Doodle Designs.
I have fallen behind.  I don't have the May blocks finished.  There is a group of about 7 of us working on Quilt Doodle's BOM.  Its fun to see everyone's color choices.
 
Tomorrow I will be posting the simple steps I took to make my Design Wall on Tuesday Tips.
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You can't go wrong with neutrals! And you helped a friend in the process.

    ReplyDelete