Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Tip - Shop with a List

I love going to quilt shows but particularly like the big ones. The Covered Bridge Quilt Guild hosted a bus trip to the Chicago International Quilt Show at the Rosemont on Thurs., June 19th.
 
Tuesday Tip:  Keep a small note pad next to your sewing machine and keep a running wish list of needed items.  This helps when you run to your local quilt shop or a quilt show.  When I arrive at a big show I become overwhelmed with all the booths, new gadgets and fabrics.  So now I shop with a list so I get the items that I really need.
 
First on my list were Omni Threads by Superior (in the back row.)
I bought navy, maple, light tan, haystack and firey red.
In the front row are Magnifico threads in teal, dk sage, dk red, silver and off white.  I have heard other Handi Quilter owners comment on how much they like this thread, so giving it a try.
 
I have been wanting to try the Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses paper piecing.  I also found a teacher for our guild's workshop.  I bought the supplies and I am ready to stitch. 
 
When I bought thread at the Superior booth, they gave me Bob Purcell's DVD on Thread Therapy.
I have been told he gives a great lesson on thread and need to find an hour to see down and view this. 
 
On my wish list was Aurifil thread.  Just replenishing my favorite piecing colors. 
 
Again, shop with a list so you buy the things you really need and enjoy the rest of the quilt show.
You can see what I have made HERE, from a purchase.
 
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time at the show and......shopping! You now have a great assortment of thread to replenish your stash. I agree that having a list really helps for shopping.

    ReplyDelete