Monday, July 21, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I had to work at the mall each day but got a chance to come home and hang out with my family, also.  Saturday, we joined the neighbors for a picnic and bags games.
Even the dogs had a play date.  This is Daisy the Silky Terrier in the front and Rascal our Yorky in the back. 
 
Rascal liked hanging out with Ashley.
 
After the picnic I went home and sewed.  I had a baby shower to attend the next day.  I made this Shannon baby quilt.
Below are the expectant parents, Chance and Jade.
The cake was yummy with butter cream frosting. 
 
Chance built this marshmallow toaster.  You light the sterno cans and roast your marshmallows and they had jars of chocolate and graham crackers for making smores.  I'm not sure who was the biggest kid here?
 
This was a co-ed shower, so the guys played bags and then switched to this life-sized game of Jenga. 
It was about 5.5 feet tall before it tumbled down.  Watch your toes! 
 
It was a fun shower and they received many great gifts for the baby.
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love baby showers....and that quilt you made looks so cozy! Totally love that huge game of Jenga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The life size game of Jenga was fun just to watch, but would love to try my hand at it. The person who makes it tumble writes their name on the block that causes the fall. I may just have to find out how many blocks it takes to make one.

      Delete