Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

Hello everyone!  How's it going out there in blogland?  It certainly has been busy here.  I know, I know I haven't been writing regular.  Honestly, I don't know how Bonnie Hunter accomplishes all that she does.  I wish she could bottle her energy and share it.  I just run out of steam by the end of the day. 

I have been having trouble with my cell phone.  I took it into Verizon to change some settings and the phone quit talking to my computer.  That created a problem with blogging because I couldn't retrieve my pictures for the blog without emailing each picture separately to myself and then downloading them.  It was too time consuming with everything else going on here at home.  Finally, I have seemed to resolve the issue.  Hopefully, things will work seamlessly again and I will have pictures to show.

The last three Fridays, my friends and I have had sew days.  I am working hard to finish my friend, Kelly's quilt.  The first Friday I worked on finishing assembly of the blocks.
 The second Friday  I finished the layout of the blocks and started adding sashing.
The third Friday, I continued to add sashing along with hosting the sew day in my dining room.
Even the sashing is added Log Cabin style.  It is coming together nicely. 
I have five of nine rows laid out on the couch.  I have six rows sewed together, three more rows to add sashing to.
Here is the quilting pattern we are planning on using.
Kelly raises purebred Shetland Sheep, thus the sheep pattern fits.  Also, in the fabrics there is a Moda fabric with sheep on it.  I will be happy to complete this lovely quilt for my dear friend.  She is a woman of many talents but she doesn't quilt.  It is so much fun making a quilt for someone who appreciates what goes into the making of the quilt.  You can read the story about buying the pattern and fabric HERE
 
Today I will be linking with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Come back tomorrow and Friday, I already have those blogs planned and partly written.  We have a new family member and I will be introducing you to him tomorrow.  On Friday I have an announcement about an upcoming event with Libby Smith, a certified Marci Baker teacher, will be teaching and lecturing in Princeton at my guild.  Stay tuned for more information or email mail me at quiltcrazie@msn.com
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. There is no possible way I could love this more.........thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to be making great progress on it. Need to get it completed and on your bed.

      Delete