Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday Design Wall

Oh my gosh!  I just checked my pictures from the blog design page and my pictures are showing up again.  Oh, Wanda, if you fixed this for me this weekend, I am forever grateful!  I am doing the happy dance.  Yeah!  Hopefully, things will stay fixed for a long time.

I was at a sewing weekend with some awesome ladies and Wanda is retired business skills teacher.
She looked my phone over and didn't know what or if she could help without my laptop computer.  Wouldn't you know it was one of the times I didn't take my laptop with me but this morning I can view and choose pictures for the blog.  Whoopee!

This is Wanda, who is looking at her first quilt which has just been quilted.
Below is Carol Onken, the longarm quilter talking about Wanda's quilt. Many of us gave Wanda advise on how to trim her quilt and how to add the binding.  She went home ready to do the handwork on the binding.
 
Hugs and prayers to Wanda today.  It was one year ago that her husband passed away.  I hope today you can smile at the many memories you two made together.
 
Betty brought some fun show n' tell.  Betty emptied a suitcase of charity quilts.  Notice below the fun way Betty uses panels by cutting them up and adding them to strip sets or by applique.
Betty come out from behind your quilt! 
I am sorry to say, I did not get pictures of all the quilts Betty finished and donated.  They were all adorable.
 
Below is Susan, our hostess, showing Carol Onken's button fabric quilt.  This was a block trade our group completed back in 2011.  Many us are still working on our layouts and sewing the tops.  The white blocks with the X in them were the additional blocks Carol added to make the quilt queen size. 
 
Below is Betty rendition of the quilt. 
 
No sewing day is complete without a food celebration.  Yum! 
Never a bad cook in the bunch and we usually come home with new recipes.
This weekend was no exceptions, I have three new recipes.
 
Kathy was learning how to use her new sewing machine while making this batik beauty.
 
Linda whipped up this batik quilt along with a baby quilt. 
 
Melanie was the UFO Master!  She finished this king size quilt and another quilt called "Twiggy" for her camper's bed. 
 
Sylvia worked on this Doug Leko quilt. 
 
Thank you to Susan and all the ladies for a fun, productive weekend.
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

1 comment:

  1. I know where you were! Still think fondly of my time in IL this summer.

    ReplyDelete